Hi, I’m Josh, founder of 5 Step Marketing.
… Sipping your freshly poured Kopi Luwak coffee in your home office as the morning light begins to shine through the blinds. Your email pings, it’s us with a weekly report. Your Facebook Ads campaign (that you were hesitant to set up because you’ve been burned) just generated you a 350% ROI. You smile, take another sip of that perfect roast. Life is good.
… You start your day by working ON your business (ie. structure & processes – those things that successful entrepreneurs always say you SHOULD be doing to grow) rather than IN your business (creating email campaigns, writing sales page copy, making a lead magnet) because you know that your marketing campaigns are covered, generating revenue and you have cash flow coming in.
… The relief (possibly tears) from your overworked marketing team when you say, “Josh and his team are taking the lead on the 4 email marketing and ad campaigns this month”.
At 5 Step Marketing, we help YOU make really fucking good digital marketing campaigns.
Every company has a story that they’re trying to tell, a message they’re trying to promote, and a customer base that they’re trying to reach.
Through our experience in digital marketing we can work with you to map out, coordinate and execute on all three.
Here’s a not-so-short list of where we can best help you:
When it comes to email marketing, we’ve been in the game for over 15 years and have sent millions upon millions of emails.
If you’re here then you know that email marketing is hands down the best ROI that you can throw your marketing dollars into. If you didn’t know that, now you do.
We save you the time, money, and hassle of trying to figure out the best email marketing strategy for your business.
Our clients usually fall into a few different camps with their email marketing needs. Here’s how we can help you:
a) You’re just getting started with email marketing.
We can help get you decide on the right email service provider (ESP) for your business, set up one-off settings for your ESP, and get you off to the races building your email list and sending your first few emails.
b) You’re managing an overworked marketing team and you’ve been around the block with email marketing, BUT you don’t want to manage it anymore.
We can take the reins from you, integrate what you’ve been doing with best practices that we’ve encountered over the years, and lighten the workload on your team.
c) You’re doing well with your email marketing but you’ve been wondering if there’s anything that you’re missing that can send you over the top.
We can take a look under the hood (conduct an audit) and give some places where you can improve some pieces and processes that you have in your email marketing.
Some of the email service provider platforms we’ve worked with:
- Constant Contact
- Probably forgetting a few…
Things that we’re good at with email marketing:
- List building (getting more people onto your email list)
- Running drip campaigns and driving sales
- Creating and sending engaging, non-shitty newsletters
- Making sure that your emails hit the inbox (setting up SPF, DKIM, and DMARC settings)
- Pruning your list (removing inactive/duplicate subscribers that are costing you money)
- Segmenting your list (creating more engagement by sending more relevant emails to smaller groups on your list)
- Switching email platforms (if you’ve grown out of your original platform or need something different we can make that transition for you without sacrificing your revenue to the Internet gods)
Copywriting is like music.
It can be a hard thing to nail down.
But when it’s good then it’s just good.
You know it and you can feel yourself, nodding your head, resonating with the message.
And when it’s bad you can’t quite put your finger on why it’s bad or how it’s bad. But you know, deep-down, it’s just not good.
If you need a hand with writing your emails as well as sending them, we have you covered.
With our copywriting, we take a deep pass through all of your current and past content then craft our copy to match the tone of what you’ve been writing.
Our copywriting goes a step further than that though. We can survey your existing list and customers to pinpoint their exact fears, dreams, uncertainties, and desires.
The things that keep them up when they should be sound asleep, what makes them light up with excitement or what they daydream about on that dreary 45-minute commute. Then once you really, truly know your customers we can tailor your message directly to them.
We also have a trained journalist on staff. As a former assistant newspaper editor, she has a keener eye than most and over 2,000,000 words published over the years.
Funnel building, copywriting, and email marketing go together like chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers over a campfire.
And beer, and that deep smoky smell, and the stars twinkling overhead… WAIT where were we again? Oh yeah, funnel building, yeah.
Funnels work. Plain and simple
Using specialized landing pages built on your site for visitors is one of the best ways to convert that traffic into email subscribers and ultimately sales.
We use LeadPages, Unbounce, ClickFunnels and SUMO to maintain congruence between your all of your platforms.
Your customers are savvy, if the experience on your site doesn’t feel professional or trustworthy then they are GONE.
If you’re looking to build an online store for your brick and mortar business or create an e-commerce brand, we can build you a store (primarily on Shopify unless you’re a heathen).
A good e-commerce store commands the trust of your customers.
Here’s what we can do.
- Help you pick out a theme that fits the image and brand of your store
- Set that theme up and make sure it works well between mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Optimize the theme for SEO best practices so it ranks well on Google
- Integrate email marketing opt-in forms so you can directly reach your customers with awesome offers
- Upload multiple products to your store and help you write the copy for them
- Setup Google Analytics so that you can see where your customers are coming from and track the store’s performance
- Walk you through the process of setting up payment gateways (the last thing you want is to launch and not be able to process any orders!)
- Facebook and Adwords tracking to ensure you know where your advertising dollars are going
- Oh YEAH we can also move you from your current shop to Shopify including all of your customer orders and information, how’s that for awesome!
So you’re an entrepreneur who has a brand, an online presence, probably an email list and you’re looking to share your knowledge with the world. Hopefully to have the rewarding feeling of helping others along with the added benefit of making some additional $$.
Sounds to me that you need an online course that people can purchase, consume and learn from…
What do you need for an online course (other than just interesting content)?
- A way to take payments
- A way to refund payments
- A helpdesk that isn’t YOUR EMAIL FOR THE WHOLE SITE
- The membership portion of the site that your students can log into
- Drip emails and instructions on how to use your course and remind people to engage with the content
- Edited audio/video content
- Help building engaging presentations for your content
- Downloadable files that people can take with them on the go
- A sales/landing page to convert visitors into buyers
- A community portal where your members can interact and engage with each other
- And you probably need it all by the end of next week… (hey anything is possible with the right budget)